Consumer Information for Prospective and Current Students
For information about CUNY and its campuses, please use the topical links below.
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR ASSISTANCE IN OBTAINING FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION
GENERAL INSTITUTIONAL INFORMATION
- Privacy of Student Records – Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) <pdf>
- Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilities
- For information about facilities and services for students with disabilities on a specific campus, please visit the website for that campus.
- Student Diversity
- Price of Attendance
- Educational Programs, Instructional Facilities, Faculty
- For a description of faculty and facilities at a specific campus, please visit the website for that campus.
- Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreements
- Accreditation, Approval, and Licensure of Institution and Programs
- All of CUNY’s campuses are accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- All of CUNY’s degree programs are registered with the New York State Department of Education.
- Many of CUNY’s campuses offer additional programs that are accredited by outside agencies <doc>.
- For information about the accreditation of health and teaching programs on a CUNY campus, please enter the campus name into the search box at http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/?s=all and click on the “Accreditation” box.
- Copyright Infringement and File Sharing – Policies and Sanctions
- Computer Use Policy <pdf>
- Career and Job Placement Services
- Student Activities
- For information about student activities on a specific campus, please visit the website for that campus.
STUDENT FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
- Assistance Available from Federal, State, Local and Institutional Programs
- Institutional Code of Conduct for Education Loans <pdf>
- Federal Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
- Preferred Lender Lists/Arrangements: CUNY does not recommend any specific lender or preferred lender arrangement. Contact the lender of your choice for details about their program and application process.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- CUNY Policy on Drugs and Alcohol <pdf>
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program <pdf>
- Vaccination Policies
- Campus Security Polices, Crime Statistics and Crime Log
- Each campus publishes its own annual security report on its website. To view the annual security report for a specific campus, please visit the website for that campus or enter the name of the campus in the search box at the following website: http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/ and click on the campus security box.
- Each campus publishes its own daily crime log and makes the log publicly available at its public safety office.
- Student Policies and Procedures
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- For data Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data (Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act.) on a specific campus, please enter that campus’s name into the search box at: http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/
- Voter Registration
- TEACHER PREPARATION PROGRAM REPORT - The following CUNY colleges offer teacher preparation programs: Brooklyn College; City College; College of Staten Island; Hunter College; Lehman College; Medgar Evers College; NYC College of Technology; Queens College; and York College.
- For information about the pass rates of students who enrolled in CUNY’s teacher preparation programs, please visit the websites for those campuses or https://title2.ed.gov/default.asp and go to the top tab "View Reports/Resources." From there you can access the archived reports for New York State. The "Teacher Assessments" tab will provide you with the pass rates and other information for all teaching programs within the state, including CUNY's.