The City University of New York is committed to ensuring a comprehensive risk management program to reduce liability in all areas of University activity. EHSRM is responsible for organizing and implementing a program to enable the University to fulfill the objectives of risk management. One example of this effort is the development of a University-wide Risk Management Council composed of delegates from each campus and other members of CUNY administration. The CUNY risk management program addresses a number of key risks including: emergency response plans, training programs, hurricane preparedness, business continuity, accident prevention, and regulatory compliance.
- NY State Emergency Management Office (SEMO)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO)
- University Risk Management Insurance Association (URMIA)
- Society for College and University Planning (SCUP)
- New York City Office of Emergency Management