If you give blood, urine and saliva, you will learn:
- your levels of good and bad cholesterol which affect your risk for heart disease
- if your kidney function is abnormal
- whether you have diabetes
- whether you have been exposed to heavy metals such as lead, mercury and cadmium
- whether you test positive for hepatitis B or C
Our timeline for providing you with this information depends on your results.
- Some results, such as blood pressure, will be given at the time of your physical exam.
- Normal results will be mailed to you within 14 to 18 weeks.
- If your results indicate that you are in urgent need of medical attention, we will contact you immediately.
- Referrals to free or low-cost care will be provided with your results.
Remember, to protect your confidentiality, we provide results only to you (not to family members).
Please call 1-877-212-7229 to schedule an appointment if you have been selected to participate in NYC HANES.