HIGH-SCHOOL LEVEL TEACHER
DEPARTMENT: CUNY Prep School
Founded in 2003, CUNY Prep’s mission is to develop lifelong learners who have the academic, personal and social skills necessary for higher education. We serve students ages 16-18 who have left traditional high schools, helping them to pass their High School Equivalency Diploma (GED) and move on to success through college. We want our graduates to have access to a greater range of opportunities and go on to become active participants in community and civic affairs.
As members of the CUNY Prep faculty, teachers must be extremely committed and passionate about working with urban youth. They must be highly motivated, self-directed, flexible, reliable, and open to learning new ways of thinking about their practice. CUNY Prep teachers are active participants in creating an engaging, dynamic, and highly effective climate for teaching and learning within the disciplines of Math, Humanities, or Science. Teachers collaborate with colleagues, students, and parents, to develop and support all aspects of the college preparatory program. In addition to academics, teachers are responsible for actively contributing to on-going civic and social events throughout the year. Along with school-wide collaboration, teachers will:
- Facilitate classroom instruction using clear and defined learning objectives.
- Evaluate and assess student learning and progress towards meeting learning objectives.
- Utilize multimedia and instructional technologies to maximize student engagement and learning success.
- Contribute to program, curriculum design, and implementation.
- Actively participate in planning for students transitioning to college.
- Actively participate in all-staff program and academic content area planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Actively participate in all staff development activities.
- Actively contribute to and participate in student extracurricular activities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional field or education, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Three (3) years experience in education, preferably with urban high school students.
- Demonstrated expertise in classroom instruction.
- Experience in developing new and adapted curricula to meet student needs.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Strong technology (electronic whiteboard)/computer skills.
To apply click The Following link:
SALARY: $45,000 - $50,000