Associate Professor and Deputy Chair
Department of Electrical Engineering
Office: T-635 / 553
Tel: (212) 650-7251 / 7269
Fax: (212) 650-8249
Areas of Interest:
Atmospheric Remote Sensing: Multi-Wavelength Lidar/DIAL, Optical Sensors, Fiber-optic Amplifiers
- Karl-Heinz Szekielda, Cristopher, Barry Gross, Fred Moshary, Samir Ahmed, “ Spectral Reflectance measurements of estuarine waters”, Ocean Dynamics V53, 98-102 (2003)
- Lvovsky, A.I.; Hartmann, S.R.; and Moshary, F. “Superfluorescence-stimulated photon echoes”, Physical Review Letters vol.89, no.26 : 263602-1-4, 23 Dec. 2002
- Barry Gross, Ben Herman, Fred Moshary, Samir Ahmed, “Analysis of an iterative multiwavelength lidar scheme to determine vertically inhomogeneous aerosol profiles”. Proceedings of the International Laser Radar Conference ILRC Quebec pg 571-577 (July 2002)
- “Regional East Atmospheric Lidar Mesonet: REALM”, R. M. Hoff et. al., Proceedings of the International Laser Radar Conference ILRC Quebec pg 281-288 (July 2002).
- Karl-Heinz Szekielda, Samir Ahmed, Fred Moshary, Barry Gross, Jorge Peche and Yiping Zhang “Ocean Color Spectrum” Backscatter, the journal of the Association of Marine Remote Sensing (AMRS). 18 (2002).
- K-H Szekielda, C. Gobler, Barry Gross, F. Moshary, and S. Ahmed, “Reflectance Changes in Near-Coastal Waters”, Seventh International Conference Remote Sensing for Marine and Coastal Environment, May 2002 (invited paper), Miami, Florida.
- Barry Gross, Fred Moshary, Yiping Zhang, Samir Ahmed , “An Analysis of an in-situ Fiber Optic Backscatter Probe”, Lidar Remote Sensing for Industry and Environment Monitoring II, Upendra N. Singh, Editor, Proceedings of SPIE Vol. 4484, 44 (2001).
- Barry Gross, Fred Moshary, Yiping Zhang, Samir Ahmed , " Analysis of a Multi-angle FOV Forward Scattering Probe,", Lidar Remote Sensing for Industry and Environment Monitoring II, Upendra N. Singh, Editor, Proceedings of SPIE Vol. 4484, 55 (2001).
- B. R. Herman, B. M. Gross, F. Moshary, and S. A. Ahmed “A comparison of methods to estimate particle size distribution parameters and associated errors from multiwavelength optical coefficients”, in Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics, OSA Technical Digest (Optical Society of America, Washington, DC 2000), pp 139-140.
- A. Lvovsky, S. R. Hartmann, and F. Moshary, ‘Omnidirectional Superfluorescence’, Physical Review Letters 82, pp 4220-4222 (1999).
- R. A. Blake, F. Moshary, and R. M. Khanbilvardi, ‘Remote Sensing as a Tool for Assessing and Monitoring Environmental Impacts: Integration of Research and Education’, IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium. IGARSS ‘99 (Cat. No.99CH36293). IEEE. Part vol.1, pp.53-5 vol.1 (1999).
- F. Moshary and S. Ahmed, ‘Thermal Infrared Imaging Applied to IC Design, Testing, and Diagnostics’, Proceedings of the Workshop on Academic Electronics in New York State, Rome Laboratory, Syracuse, NY pp 149 (1996).
- P. Li, A. Maad, F. Moshary, M. F. Arend, and S. A. Ahmed, ‘Infrared Imaging of Buried Objects by Thermal Step-function Excitations’, Applied Optics 34, pp 5809-5816 (1995).
- C. A. Smith, J. S. Gergely, J. A. Trainham, S. A. Ahmed, and F. Moshary, ‘Solid State DIAL for the Remote Sensing of Ambient Air Pollutants’, SPIE Vol. 2112, pp 142-146 (1994).