Guttman Transfer Scholarship
Guttman Scholarships offer benefits for transfer students including $4,000 paid over two years
You are eligible to apply, if you
- Earn an associate degree from a CUNY community college
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or above
- Transfer to Brooklyn College, City College, Hunter College, Lehman College, or Queens College
- Apply for financial aid, with a priority given to those who are Pell-eligible
Applications for Fall 2014 scholarships are due April 1, 2014.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on a review of your transcript, a personal essay, and a letter of recommendation.
- For more details about this scholarship opportunity and eligibility requirements, click here <pdf>. For information for faculty referees, click here <pdf>.
To apply, follow these steps
- If you have not already done so, apply for financial aid by filing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Apply online by going to www.fafsa.gov.
- Speak to a faculty member at your community college about writing a letter of recommendation for you. The online scholarship application will ask you to provide the name and email address of your faculty recommender.
- Write a personal essay describing your long-term education and career goals and how completing a bachelor's degree will help you reach those goals (no more than 500 words).
- Log on to your CUNYfirst account at: https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu. Click on your “To Do” list and select “Scholarship-Guttman Transfer.” You will be asked to upload your essay in MS Word (.doc) or PDF format.
For more information
- Email email@example.com or call 646-664-8090.