Continuing and Professional Ed
Continuing and Professional Education Summer Programs
The Continuing and Professional Studies (CPS) at CCNY has a variety of programs designed with the adult learner in mind. We offer professional and personal development programs. Summer 2012 highlights include the following:
- The Spitzer School of Architecture Summer Career Lab for those considering a career in architectural design;
- The English Language Institute (ELI) with classes in Practical English, TOEFL and cultural and social events organized to introduce the culture of City College in particular and American culture in general.
- The CPS course roster also includes Soccer Officiating, a Teacher’s Assistant Program, Tax Preparation, Pharmacy Technician, Bookkeeping and Accounting, Certified Nursing Assistant, Zumba®, and much more.
LaGuardia Community College
The English Language Center offers superior part-time and full-time English classes and flexible schedules. You can study during the daytime, evenings, or Saturdays. In the classroom, improve your English speaking, listening, reading, writing, and grammar. Outside the classroom, visit all of the fabulous New York City sights!
Getting ready to apply to college? Get a head start by taking our TOEFL Preparation course.
To help you succeed in college, check out our Research Skills for College Success course.
We're one subway stop from Mid-town Manhattan. Visit the Empire State Building after class. Ride the ferry to the Statue of Liberty. Take an afternoon walk over the Brooklyn Bridge. You have access to all of the wonders of the city when you spend a summer with us! http://esl.lagcc.cuny.edu.
Continuing Education at Hunter College
This summer, why not take a course that can help you with your career path? We've got a wide range of certificate programs including the new Finance and Accounting Certificate. Need a course to help you with your professional development? Courses such as Creative Problem Solving and Decision Making, Customer Service Training for Managers, and How to Build a Growing Profitable Business will help you achieve your goal. We offer courses that meet the needs of working professionals, people new to the job market, or individuals who just want to learn a new skill or explore a new hobby at an affordable price. For more information, visit our website at http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/ce.
The International English Language Institute
Learn English in one of our 4 summer programs. Our ESL classes are designed for people living and working in NYC as well as international students.
- July @the IELI is a special one-month program. It runs from July 9-August 2 and includes 16 hours of class/week and weekly outings for a taste of New York City.
- Intersession Courses run from August 6-23. These part-time courses are designed to help students improve their fluency in English in a relaxed atmosphere with no tests and no pressure--just lots of English practice.
- The Academic Skills Program's supportive and challenging environment provides intensive English instruction in the skills required for success in an American college or graduate programs. This program is ideal for anyone whose goal is to apply to an English-language university. We offer courses in the daytime and in the evening
- The Professional English Academy offers short courses for advanced students who wish to improve their skills. These courses run from June 17- August 1.
Parliamo Italiano at Hunter College:
Want to experience a taste of Italy, but can't afford to travel? Learn Italian at the largest and most innovative Italian language school in New York City. Our professional Italian teachers, all native speakers, hold degrees from Italian universities. All are trained in our successful method, which has made us the foremost school of Italian language in the U.S. Summer classes begin June 20th and run through August 29th. These classes are targeted to anyone over 18 years old that has a yearning to learn the Italian language.
Visit our website at: http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/parliamo.
The Writing Center
The Writers’ Conference, at Hunter College, is widely considered one of the finest fiction and non-fiction conferences. In addition to keynote speakers Adam Gopnik and Erica Jong, the Writers’ Conference 2013 will feature eleven panels with distinguished writers, editors, publicists and literary agents. Ben Cheever (Memoir), Edward Hirsch (Poetry) and Alan Furst (Historic Espinoage Fiction) will conduct intensive workshops in the days leading up to the conference. The conference takes place June 8, 2013; the intensives from June 5-7, 2013. This conference is open to aspiring writers and literary enthusiasts.
For further information or to register please log on to:
New York City College of Technology
Continuing Studies Center
Visit our website at www.citytech.cuny.edu/academics/continuinged for a listing of our Summer 2013 offerings, which include courses in real estate, education, computer skills, personal and professional enrichment, test prep, building operations, security, healthcare, languages, and more. Register on-line at http://www.citytechce.org.