To be considered for the program, a student must:
- Receive public assistance
- Need 13 – 30 credits1 toward degree in an approved major, including most Liberal Arts majors (NEW!)
- Have a cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.0 or higher, at time of enrollment
- Matriculate full-time (minimum of 12 credits per semester; preference for 15) while enrolled in GSI
- Have passed at least 2 of the CUNY Assessment tests, by the time of enrollment2
- Have at least 2 semesters of eligibility for TAP or PELL
If you are serious about graduating within one year, we can help.
Students receiving public assistance who do not meet the eligibility criteria for GSI may obtain support services and job placement assistance from COPE.
“GSI allows us to just concentrate on school.”
– GSI Participant