GSI’s approach is a combination of academic, personal, and financial supports:
GSI Summer Academy
three-day event in August to prepare for program.
focused on goal setting, communication skills, self-efficacy, financial literacy, and leadership development.
designed to address academic, personal, and career goals.
Job Readiness Services
including resume writing, interview prep, career exploration and internships and job placement assistance.
self-attested class attendance and other campus activities.
Participation in all GSI Core Activities is mandatory.
- Graduation incentive of $500
- Book vouchers
- Access to loaner laptops
- Participation incentives
- Intersession (Winter or Summer) tuition assistance, if available
- Tutors for one-on-one and group sessions
- Registration Assistance to get the classes you need to graduate on time
- Networking to build a peer support group of like-minded individuals striving for a common goal – graduation!
“Honestly, initially it [my interest in the program] was the perks. After actually coming to the sessions and meeting with my advisor, I stayed for the support.” – GSI Participant