CUNY Start - A Strong Start in College.
If you are a CUNY-bound student whose reading, writing, and/or math scores on the CUNY Assessment Tests indicate that you need to develop your skills, CUNY Start may be for you. Start out stronger in college by improving your reading, writing, and/or math skills and reducing the amount of time you have to spend in required remedial "catch-up" classes:
- Improve your scores on the CUNY Assessment Tests
- Be better prepared for the challenges of college-level academic work
- Spend only $75 for the entire semester
- Save your limited financial aid dollars for college credit classes
- Have full access to campus resources – academic and career counseling, libraries, and athletic facilities
CUNY Start: Analysis of Student Outcomes is a comprehensive evaluation of proficiency gains, matriculation rates, and post-secondary outcomes of CUNY Start students as compared to similar students who enrolled directly in a CUNY degree program. The findings indicate that CUNY Start students are more likely to gain proficiency in all of the basic skills areas (reading, writing, and mathematics) and have stronger persistence, GPA and retention outcomes once they enter a degree program.
Download the full report - CUNY Start: Analysis of Student Outcomes <pdf>