Bronx Community College
Bronx Community College was founded in 1957. The first class of students enrolled in 1959. In 1973, the college moved to its present location on the 53-acre University Heights campus, which also houses The Hall of Fame for Great Americans. A new on-campus Child Care Center opened in Spring 2011. The North Hall and Library, designed by the internationally renowned architect Robert A. M. Stern will open this Summer, 2012. This building will provide a state of the arts library, a learning center and much needed classrooms.
Bronx Community College is a comprehensive urban community college serving a multicultural student body of over 11,000. By fostering intellectual exploration in the classroom and beyond, the College encourages students to be creative and analytical thinkers and responsible global citizens. Bronx Community College provides opportunities for success through 33 academic programs that include Associate's degrees in the liberal arts and sciences, the health sciences, business, and public service occupations. Among the current degree offerings are energy services, media technology, radiologic and nuclear medicine technologies, paralegal studies, pharmaceutical manufacturing technology, environmental science technology, Dietetics and Nutrition Science. Certificate programs are offered in human services for child care workers and automotive technology. The College provides an excellent counseling program, comprehensive tutoring and the writing and mathematics labs.
In addition to more than 11,000 students served on campus, Bronx Community College reaches more than 10,000 members of the community each year, providing evening, weekends, on-line and extension education for Bronx citizens, including programs for children, the elderly and veterans: career upgrading and job placement assistance for workforce development; and entrepreneurial support and training for small business and not-for-profit organizations.
The Office of the Secretary