- Visit CUNY's "Prepare to Apply" page for Veterans & Military Personnel
- Before you apply to CUNY as an undergraduate, follow the steps to attain your application fee waiver (n ote: veterans are exempt from paying the commitment deposit. The college(s) will provide you with deposit information upon acceptance to the college(s)).
- Apply to CUNY before the semester deadline ( For Fall: February 1, For Spring: September 15)
- Send your military transcript and required supporting documents to CUNY/UAPC. Visit www.cuny.edu/afteryouapply for more information.
Please Note: During the upcoming 2012-2013 school year, the Army and Coast Guard transcript systems will be merged into the Navy/Marine transcript system. The transcript will be called the Joint Services Transcript or JST. From 2013 the JST will be available for all branches except for the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF).
- Enroll in the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill (Chapter 33) or the MGIB (Chapter 30) online through VONAPP
- File FAFSA before deadline
- Apply for NYS TAP
- Apply for NYS Veterans Tuition Award (VTA)
- Apply for NY National Guard Tuition Benefit before deadline (if eligible)
- Apply for G.I. Bill Benefits at your home college by providing a "Certificate of Eligibility" to your college's certifying official from the VA
- Provide copy of DD-214 or DD-2384 (issued by your unit) to your college's certifying official and the VA
- Apply for Veteran Work-Study
- Join your college's student veterans organization (and if they don't have one create one by visiting your college's student affairs office)