How to Apply for Benefits
All Students, regardless of what benefits they believe they may be eligible for, should complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
More on How to Apply for Benefits >>
- Veterans Tuition Awards
- Tuition Benefit for Active New York State National Guard Members
- New York Army National Guard Federal Tuition Assistance Program (ARNG FTA)
- New York State Veterans Tuition Award
- Regents Award for Children Of Deceased or Disabled Veterans
- Military Service Recognition Scholarship (formerly War on Terrorism Scholarship)
- New York State 4/03 Support For Military Families
More on State Aid >>
There are several federal aid programs for veterans. The programs, with eligibility requirements and payments, are listed by The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
The major educational assistance programs are >>
A variety of merit-based aid exists through scholarships, grants, and fellowships. Some of this aid is based on veteran or dependent status. Veteran's organizations frequently offer merit-based aid.
Students are encouraged to research such options through his/her campus Financial Aid Office and/or on the web.
For more information visit:
Application for Work-Study Allowance
- Students may be eligible for Veteran's Work-Study benefits. In order to be eligible, students must be receiving full-time veterans benefits. Such students can work up to 750 hours per year at a rate of at least the federal minimum wage. Your veterans affairs representative will arrange your work-study if you are eligible.