Financing Your Education

How to Apply for Benefits

All Students, regardless of what benefits they believe they may be eligible for, should complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

More on How to Apply for Benefits >>

State Aid

  • Veterans Tuition Awards
  • Tuition Benefit for Active New York State National Guard Members
  • New York Army National Guard Federal Tuition Assistance Program (ARNG FTA)
  • New York State Veterans Tuition Award
  • Regents Award for Children Of Deceased or Disabled Veterans
  • Military Service Recognition Scholarship (formerly War on Terrorism Scholarship)
  • New York State 4/03 Support For Military Families

More on State Aid >>

Federal Aid

There are several federal aid programs for veterans. The programs, with eligibility requirements and payments, are listed by The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

The major educational assistance programs are >>                                                             



Merit-Based Aid

A variety of merit-based aid exists through scholarships, grants, and fellowships. Some of this aid is based on veteran or dependent status. Veteran's organizations frequently offer merit-based aid.

Students are encouraged to research such options through his/her campus Financial Aid Office and/or on the web.

For more information visit:


Application for Work-Study Allowance

  • Students may be eligible for Veteran's Work-Study benefits. In order to be eligible, students must be receiving full-time veterans benefits. Such students can work up to 750 hours per year at a rate of at least the federal minimum wage. Your veterans affairs representative will arrange your work-study if you are eligible.