One necessary component to achieve the goals of Federal and State solar initiatives is the availability of scalable, low-cost financing and innovative business models or web tools for all solar market segments.
A panel of judges at the NY Solar Summit 2014 will be looking for new financing mechanisms, innovative business models or cleanweb applications that can reduce the balance of system soft costs of solar photovoltaics. This session is structured to generate ideas for the private and public sectors, spurring additional innovation and effectively lowering the cost of capital for large, mid-sized and small solar installations. This session will create networking opportunities for the presenters and be the final event of the Summit.
Richard Kauffman, the Chairman of Energy and Finance for New York and the chairman of the NYSERDA Board, will lead a panel of judges that will be drawn from industry experts on the NYS Financing Options Working Group, as well as from venture capital firms and solar industry experts.
This is a unique opportunity to present your idea to New York's financial leaders. There will be one prize of $1,000 for the best pitch.
A series of three minute "pitches" that bring both creativity and experience to help address the financing and customer-acquisition barriers. Immediately following each pitch, the ideas will be evaluated by the panelists and feedback will be provided. Subject areas examples:
- Financial instruments (securitization, bonds, equity pools)
- Innovative financing and ownership options (crowdfunding, community solar)
- Scalable best-in-class community aggregation models
- Business models or apps that will lower customer acquisition costs
- Utilizing big data sets to reduce risk
- Development of insurance products
- Combining generation with other improvements
Submissions are now closed.