We greatly appreciate the time and energy you dedicate to helping immigrants in New York City become U.S. citizens. We are confident that this web page will be a useful tool for you to stay connected with other immigration professionals and find plenty of resources focused on immigration law. We welcome your feedback and suggestions to make this online tool even better.
Our volunteer of the month for November 2013 is Rafael Tassy. Rafael has been volunteering with us for more than two years and has attended many events over the years. At our October 26th event we sat down to talk to Rafael about her experience as a volunteer. Check our Facebook page in the next couple of weeks for the video.
Allan Wernick, Esq.
Read our Director's thoughts on our Fee Waiver process and the impact it has had on participants that are helped at CUNY Citizenship Now. For Allan's latest New York Daily News columns, please see below.
Wernick's Daily News Column
Immigration News Sources
- USCIS Press Room
- National Immigration Law Center: Important Developments
- Immigration Advocates Network: News
- The New York Times: U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- American Civil Liberties Union Press Releases
- National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild: Policy and legal updates
- Immigration Law Opinions Summaries by FindLaw
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for Noncitizens <pdf>
- Immigration-Related Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Prosecutorial Discretion: How to Get DHS to Act in Favor of Your Client <pdf>
- Appealing Removal Orders in Federal Court <pdf>
- HIV Infection Removed from CDC List of Communicable Diseases of Public Health Significance <pdf>
- Immigration Criminal Convictions and Offenses and Consequences Checklist <pdf>
*Practice advisories are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice.
Click here if the poll question does not load.