Social Media Assistant (Part Time)
Reporting to the Communications Coordinator, the Social Media Assistant will be responsible for managing CUNY Citizenship Now's social media sites. S/he will also assist on other communication initiatives led by the department.
- Coordinate Facebook, Twitter and Instagram outreach
- Create and edit graphics for social media outreach using Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and web-based software
- Utilize social scheduling and analytics software
- Research and report on current trends in social media
- Attend and take a proactive role in roundtable discussions about social media and public relations
- Assist in the production of printed materials and content for the web
- Assist the Department with other communications endeavors as needed
- Other duties may be assigned
- Excellent written communication skills and editorial judgment
- Organized, self-motivated and able to work independently on projects
- Familiarity with social scheduling and analytics software
- Hands-on experience with Adobe Create Suite and WordPress preferred
- Knowledge of basic photography a plus
Please send a resume, cover letter and a writing sample to email@example.com by December 30, 2014. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please use the words "Social Media Assistant" in the subject field. No phone calls please.
This is a part-time position (18 hours per week)
Posted November 21, 2014
Event Specialist (Full Time)
To help promote opportunities for and engage New York City's immigrant population, CUNY Citizenship Now! is seeking a passionate mission-focused Events Specialist to plan and organize over 20 highly visible advocacy weekend events and manage associated logistics supporting all community activities and initiatives with elected officials across the five New York City boroughs, city agencies, immigration service providers, and non-profit organizations. In addition, the Specialist will be responsible for orchestrating the program's two integral flagship annual events, CUNY/Daily News Citizenship NOW! Call-in and City-wide Application Assistance. The position reports to the Deputy Director.
- Plans and manages special events, seminars, and conference services programs.
- Works collaboratively with campus departments and executives, student groups, and outside organizations to develop and plan special events and programs.
- Plans event logistics and secures contracts and agreements.
- May coordinate reservations and availability of internal campus facilities.
- Creates and executes event communications, including invitations, agendas, and marketing information.
- Coordinates services related to events (i.e., equipment, catering, audio-visual requirements, media coverage). May hire and supervise staff assigned to event.
- Creates fiscal records and reports; evaluates overall event success and reports to management.
- Maintains ongoing communications with campus departments involved in events planning and execution.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Other key duties include but will not be limited to the following:
- Develop comprehensive timelines, work plans, and long-term planning calendar for events and coordinate logistics for successful event productions, including pre-planning, venue selection, publicity/advertising, set-up, procurement, catering, rentals, audio-visual, security, post event management, etc.
- Oversee event wrap-up and ensure that acknowledgment letters are sent to all participants, sponsors, special guests, and contributors.
- Coordinate the creation, publication, and distribution of outreach and marketing materials and publications.
- Organize outreach efforts with CUNY Programs and elected officials, and manage various partnerships and relationships to facilitate successful events.
- Assist with creating and implementing streamlined internal work processes for department projects.
- Work with department staff to ensure critical event assignments are completed and proper event staffing is maintained.
- Identify and implement new and creative methods for more efficient and effective processes and services.
- Supervise the work of external on-site event participants.
- Supervise and train staff and interns on event management processes.
- Four years' experience in event planning, event management, marketing, or public relations required
- Experience organizing and promoting high visibility events for non-profit, public, or higher education institutions strongly preferred
- Familiarity with New York City's community-based immigration organizations and political arena preferred
- Experience creating, writing, and editing publication materials in various media formats
- Strong advocacy, partnership building, and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work effectively, collaboratively, and cooperatively with a diverse community of internal and external stakeholders and constituents
- Detail oriented with sound research, evaluation, and critical analysis skills
- Proactive with strong organizational skills to establish plans, manage a varied workload with deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Strong presentation, negotiation, conflict management, and group facilitation skills
- Proficiency using event management systems such as CVENT, Constant Contact, or Eventbrite
- Computer proficiency using standard office and administrative software programs/applications
- Flexibility to work some evening hours and occasional weekends required
$42,873 - $68,024; commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How to apply
For full consideration, submit a cover letter and résumé online via CUNY's web-based job system, addressing how your experience and credentials fulfill the responsibilities and qualifications outlined. Click here by December 22, 2014 to apply.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
Posted November 26, 2014