Human Resources Operations
University Human Resource Management Services establishes policies and supports operations related to personnel actions. It includes the following:
- University Payroll — manages University-wide projects aimed at increasing the effectiveness of the payroll function and complying with all applicable regulations; conducts analysis on pay issues and data integrity; works with payroll providers at the City and State level to assure a high level of service for all CUNY employees.
- Classification and Compensation — assures that the jobs performed by University personnel meet the operational and educational needs of CUNY. This unit establishes policy related to job titles, levels, and pay ranges; reviews title classifications to make adjustments to University titles; manages the classification of vacant positions for recruiting purposes; and audits classification actions to assure policies are effectively followed.
- Civil Service Examinations Unit — contributes to the recruitment and selection of highly-qualified personnel for competitive classified Civil Service titles. This unit develops and administers examinations; performs studies of the work requirements of various positions; researches and applies best practices in testing; and communicates with applicants, employees, and University personnel regarding policies related to examinations, supporting thousands of applicants per year.
- Civil Service Operations Unit — supports the University's efforts to hire, pay, and promote classified Civil Service personnel effectively. This unit manages the hiring, career movement, and pay administration for classified Civil Service titles; establishes lists of eligible candidates based on test scores and other qualifying information; holds hiring pools for selected positions; and provides guidance to the University community related to Civil Service regulations.
- Policy Support — researches, establishes, and communicates University-wide Human Resources policies; trains and supports campus Human Resources organizations in their operations and decision-making.
Office of Human Resources Management
205 East 42nd Street
New York, New York 10017
Phone (646) 664-3263 Fax (646) 664-2961